Meeting Dates

The York Region Beaders Guild meets on Sundays from 12 Noon to whenever we feel like leaving, approximately every 2 weeks.

The following next meeting is scheduled for November 23rd, 2014.

New members are welcome - age 18 and over. Please contact us at yrbeaders@gmail.com.



Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Still Going

Wow, it's been over 2 years since we've posted here.  Lots of things have changed for me personally and I've only gotten back into beading in the last couple of months, but our tiny group still exists and meets regularly.  We do tend to get a little sporadic at times due to our personal schedules and the smallness of our group.

We continue to meet at the Supercentre in Aurora and work on whatever projects we want.  Occasionally we find a pattern that we all like and work on it at the same time. 

Because of my personal life changes I had gotten away from beading, but I also think I was just overwhelmed by the shear number of projects I wanted to do and the complexity of them all...the smaller the bead and the more complex they are...the more I tended to like them.

So, in order that I could get into beading again, started working on my UFO's.  All those unfinished projects that I started and never seemed to get finished before I moved onto a new one.  In some cases, it was just a matter of adding the clasp, or doing a few embellishments, or was missing a few beads.  Once I got the first couple of UFO's done, I just kept going.  I'm down to one UFO now...an ornament, and that's only because I can't find the pattern book...perhaps misplaced when I moved.

Since finishing with all those now finished projects, I've made 10 ornaments and bead almost every day again.

My next task is to add to this blog regularly...even if it doesn't great read much.  I'll try to show some of the projects we're working on, do some book reviews, new tools, bead organization, etc.

Till, next time, keep on beading!


No comments:

Post a Comment